Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I Hope They Call Me On A Mission!

Posted by Heidi at Wednesday, November 09, 2011
Haha, This title doesn't refer to me! It refers to my younger brother.

Blue Note # 2
Name:Justin Griffin
This is Justin back in August 2011, trying to look like Men in Black or something.
Why He's Noteworthy:
Well, mostly he's noteworthy because he's my younger brother, but also because I'm so proud of him because he just went into the MTC today to be a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He will be serving in the Eugene, Oregon mission for two years, teaching the gospel and helping people. I'm so proud of him! I am going to miss him though. I already don't get to see him all the time, because he has been living with our parents in Kansas while I live in Washington, but I have at least gotten to call him on the phone and talk to him. I've actually been calling and talking to him almost daily for the last month (because I knew he was going to be somewhat "unreachable" soon), and I talked to him and said bye just this morning. I do get to talk to him again fairly soon, at Christmas, but otherwise, it's going to be mostly letters from here on out. Did I mention I'm going to miss him? It's totally worth it though.
Haha, just look at my cute little brother!

Did I mention I'm so proud of him? And this is for more than just the simple fact that he is going on a mission. It's a little bit more than that. Justin has a group of friends from his high school days who are Mormon boys, just like him, but guess what? Not a single one of them decided to go on a mission. That is kind of disappointing to me. A mission is a great blessing. It's something that can help a person grow in such a wonderful way, as almost no other experience could. It's sad that so many boys would choose not to go. Now, I'm not trying to say that my brother is better than any of these guys, because that wouldn't be very charitable (though I am biased), but I am so proud of him because he didn't go down the same road as his friends who chose not to go on missions. He did his own thing, and that thing was to stick to his convictions and choose to serve the Lord. He can be the quiet sort sometimes and doesn't always necessarily say what he is feeling, but I know that he knows he is doing the right thing.
And just for good measure, this is from back in August when I managed to get a picture of him after he fell asleep on my bed. Obviously he wouldn't like me posting this on here, but who cares? He's going on a mission now. He'll never know :)

Did I mention I'm going to miss him? :)

1 comments:

Amber on November 11, 2011 at 1:13 PM said...

Love the second pic!

Post a Comment

 

Pink Notes, Blue Notes Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei