Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Fabulous Fall Colors!

Posted by Heidi at Wednesday, November 23, 2011
I am not usually a Fall/Winter kind of person. I love Spring and Summer, especially Summer. I like it warm, sunny, and I love greeness and bright colors. I also tend to get seasonal depression so, especially since I live in Washington (because can get very overcast, dreary, and wet here) I usually end up being a bit crabby throughout the Fall, and Winter can be even worse (I do love living in Washington though. It's so pretty here, that the wet, overcast weather is so worth it). This is how my Fall started out this year. As soon as it started getting cold, I spent about a week or two being unhappy and in a bad mood. Then I thought, no! I'm sick of being depressed for half the year just because of the weather. I decided I needed to learn to like Fall and find the beauty in it, especially since so many other people love it (I'll work on Winter later).

I walk about 25 minutes to and from school everyday. The street I walk on is lined with trees. One day about 2 months ago as I was walking, I noticed that the leaves on the trees were changing color, and that these colors were actually quite pretty. I decided that was why I was going to like Fall. Everything changes colors and for just a little while, there are beautiful yellows, reds, oranges, and even purples on all the trees and blanketing the ground (because of the leaves that fall). Granted I still prefer pink and white blossoms and the smell of lilacs in the Spring, but I could learn to love this.This Fall, I believe I succeeded. Here are some pictures from my walk to school over the last two months.

That is Mount Baker in the distance. It was one of the clear days we get where you can actually see the mountain clearly. I just love the colors with this picture!

I took this while I was walking home one night. It obviously came out blurry, but I think it looks cool. I wanted to capture the yellow color of the leaves in the lamplight.

This was a lucky shot of a beautiful sunset I saw on evening.


My nephew in his dinosaur Halloween costume.

1 comments:

Harija on January 7, 2012 at 7:32 AM said...

great colours & Happy New Year 2012!

Neat post and love your blog... would you like to follow each other!

@MyLyfeMyStory

My Lyfe ; My Story

Post a Comment

 

Pink Notes, Blue Notes Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei