Monday, August 1, 2011

Challenges, Mysteries, Expectations.

Posted by Heidi at Monday, August 01, 2011
Today while I was waiting at the bus stop at the college so I could go home, I saw a girl crossing the street who intrigued me. She was wearing a very short (mid thigh length) black dress, her blond hair was piled up in a very messy, ratty looking up-do, and she was wearing sunglasses. What I caught my attention, however, was that she was wearing a long (mid-calf length) fluffy, pinkish-beige, unzipped, winter coat that looked like it could double as a sleeping bag. It's the middle of the summer, bright and sunny, and 70 degrees outside (in Washington this is decently warm). This just struck me as odd and the thought that went through my head was "who would wear a coat like that on a sunny warm day in the middle of the summer? I wonder why she's doing that?" She actually reminded me of those celebrity pictures you see in tabloids and fashion magazines of the crazy, but chic, things that celebs like to wear when they're out around town. I wish I had gotten a picture, though possibly she might not look as interesting to someone else.

These are the lovely flowers the my friend, Holly, brought me last week when I was having a really bad day. She also brought me a bag of chewy chocolate chip cookies, which are eaten already, and a card. All of this even though I told her I was fine and didn't need anything. She is awesome.

This is the card she gave me

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pink Notes, Blue Notes Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei