Saturday, August 27, 2011

Good news!!!

Posted by Heidi at Saturday, August 27, 2011
I got into BYU! I'm starting there Winter Semester 2012! I'm super excited! (my friend just told me I should say "uber" excited, because that's what BYU people say. Oh well). I already have a housing possibility too. This is a really big thing for me. I had my doubts that I would actually get in, but I also felt like that was the place for me to be, so I knew I HAD to get in. Thank goodness, I did! I don't enjoy having to completely reevaluate my life plans. I am a planner and I prefer it when I don't have to change plans too much.

I can't wait to move somewhere new. I can't wait to meet new people. I can't wait to try out a new Single's ward. I can't wait to have the unique experience that is not only immersing myself in the Utah Mormon culture, but to be immersing myself in the BYU Mormon culture.

As a non-Utah Mormon, I am curious to see if all the stereotypes are true, and as a possible future Anthropologist, I am curious to observe the Mormon culture that I know so well from this aspect. As a lifelong Mormon who has never lived in Utah, I have definitely heard my share of stereotypes and judgements of "Utah Mormons." I think people are too harsh sometimes and exaggerate too much. I'd like to know if it's really any different than the differences anywhere else in the world. Especially since I have relatives from Utah, and they seem pretty great to me. The Facebook group Overheard @BYU makes me wonder sometimes though...haha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pink Notes, Blue Notes Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei