Wednesday, July 13, 2011

School is my life right now

Posted by Heidi at Wednesday, July 13, 2011
I haven't written in way too long. Sorry! There has just been so much going on in the last month or so. I had finals for Spring quarter, I had two weeks off of school which ended up being very filled with fun activities (Harry Potter movie nights, FHE, the outdoor movie night in Fairhaven, sewing a skirt with Katherine, July 4th, etc.) and about a week ago I started school full time for the summer. Needless to say, I'm already swamped with homework and it's only the second week. However, despite that there is always a bright side to things, such as I love love love my Sociology and Anthropology classes. My Sociology teacher just has this way of talking and teaching that gets you interested and is engaging. He tells you what you need to know, has really good examples and fun activities, and he really knows his stuff. Not to mention the subject is fascinating, which is actually a surprise to me, since I've never really been interested in Sociology before. I also think I made a great choice in wanting to double major in Anthropology when I go to BYU. I have been thinking of doing that for quite awhile now, but hadn't actually taken a class yet, so I wasn't 100% positive I would like it. It turns out I do! It's so interesting! I just love learning about different/past cultures and their ways of life. Also, I'm probably not going to do a whole lot with the archeology branch of it, but that is way interesting too. We just had to watch a series of videos (the class is online) about this archeological excavation they have done in a part of Seattle after a construction crew dug deep enough to happen upon some ancient artifacts that they think date back to as much as 4,000 years ago. Sorry if this is boring to anybody else, but I think it's fascinating.
So life is hard, but life is good too. I'm happy with it. Btw, I'm submitting my BYU application in a matter of days! I can't wait to find out if I get in! Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Unknown on July 13, 2011 at 9:33 PM said...

of course you'll get in :)

Post a Comment

 

Pink Notes, Blue Notes Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei