Thursday, June 23, 2011

Life is good and the work is Great!

Posted by Heidi at Thursday, June 23, 2011
Pink Note #4
Name: Lynda
Why She's Noteworthy:
The title of this blog is something that Lynda posts on her Facebook statuses all the time and this is very indicative of the kind of person she is. I have known Lynda for about 4 years now and have noticed time and time again how happy a person she is and how willing she is to serve others. She was one of the first people to come up to me and say hi when I first moved into our single's ward and even though I was being anti-social for about 4 months at that time, she was persistent in saying hi to me every week at church and inviting me to sit with her and inviting me to activities. After my car broke down beyond affordable repair a few years ago, she was kind enough to give me rides to and from church and sometimes other activities for quite a long time, without asking for any gas money or anything else in payment, partly because she is that nice and partly because she knows how poor I am. She has told me several times that God has blessed her with a car, money, etc., and so she should use those things to help and serve others when she can. She always tells me how shy she used to be, but that she went on a mission and learned how to talk to people and now she loves to talk to people all the time. Even when Lynda is going through hard times, it seems like she can always see the good in every situation. She can always find something to be cheerful about, and is very often seen with a smile on her face. She even gets so excited about the smallest things that most people would probably overlook, like getting a free bagel at work, or even getting her wisdom teeth out (which she was looking forward to because it was something she'd never done before). She bore her testimony at the last testimony meeting in church and she said that for several years now she makes a goal every month to try to be the first person to get up and give her testimony, so that she can work on being excited to do it and always have that desire (though she doesn't mind when people beat her to it, because she's happy that they want to bear their testimony too). She is happy, excited to serve, and loves to see others be happy and be doing good things too.

On another note, I went to see a free concert last night of a band called Harry and the Potters. It was a lot of fun! The music was alright, but most of all the songs and lyrics were really funny. Among my favorites was a song about how Hagrid is fun to hug and has lots of love, and one that I believe was entitled "Umbridge is Going Down!" Hahaha, good fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pink Notes, Blue Notes Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei